January 2, 2014
Video Monitoring has Many Uses!
FrontPoint’s video monitoring provides the ultimate peace of mind. No matter where you are in the world, you can keep and active eye on your home, family, and even pets. You can be creative while using video monitoring!
With three camera options (Indoor, Wireless Pan or Tilt, Outdoor), monitor your entire property, inside and out. And through your MyFrontPoint account, you can receive video updates to your computer, tablet or smartphone.
Use live streaming, recorded video, or video alerts to monitor your home 24/7.
*Live Streaming: Get a live view of what’s going on in your home or on your property at any time. By logging on to your MyFrontPoint account on your smartphone, tablet, or computer, you can watch live streaming of your home!
- Monitor contractors, workers, or cleaning crews in your home.
- Observe a house-sitter while you are on vacation.
- Check-in on your pet(s) while you are away.
*Recorded Video: Capture motion or event-triggered video clips and watch at any time.
- See which of your kid’s friends came and went from your home during the day.
- Learn who armed and disarmed the security system.
- Find out when the delivery truck arrived.
*Video Alerts: Set up video surveillance so you receive video clips through text or email when a certain action takes place (i.e. door opens, alarm goes off, motion sensor triggers).
- Make sure your kids get home from school safely (snap a picture when they enter the home).
- See who is at the front door.
- Alert yourself if your child leaves his/her room at night.
You can set up or adjust all of these video monitoring activities:
- Go to MyFrontPoint.com
- Select Video
- Select the Recording Schedules Sub tab
- From here you will be able to choose what type of recordings you’d like to setup. The two options you have are:
- System–Triggered Schedules: Recordings that are based on sensor activity, arming/disarming the system, or alarms.
- Motion-Triggered Schedule: Recordings that are based on movement seen by the camera.
For assistance setting up these recording schedules for your specific system, contact our Customer Support Department and a Specialist will walk you through the process and answer any additional questions you have!
Here are some ways FrontPoint customers use their video monitoring:
“Used cameras while in Afghanistan to make sure wife and kids were safe.” – Michael O.
“Camera, to see which animal was peeing on my bed” – Meesh C.
“I had some squirrels in my attic, I wanted to know how many squirrels were up there and how they were getting in..... so I set up my camera up in the attic.” – Alfredo C.
“Use video camera to make sure my house does not get TP by kids TP meaning toilet papered.” – Shane M.
“We have an OUTRAGEOUS Christmas lights display...we rig the Frontpoint system with video monitor for added security...since it is open to public display.” – Maureen C.
*Video monitoring is available exclusively with the Ultimate Monitoring Plan.