April 20, 2012
Wireless Touch Screen
Touch screens are all the rage, as the phenomenal sales of Apples iPad and other “tablet” devices have shown. It’s only fitting that GE/UTC, the recognized leader in home security equipment, would develop a wireless touch screen to complement their existing line of advanced devices for protecting your home and family - and that FrontPoint would offer it. The convenient color touch screen is the ideal solution for additional control of your alarm system and home automation features. Plus, it’s only the first such device that GE/UTC plans to release.
What Are the Benefits?
- Provides access to your FrontPoint system from a second location in your home.
- Secures your home more easily.
- Easy view of your home security system.
- Save energy and reduce utility bills with thermostat and light control/automation.
- Sleek touch screen with one-click control of key alarm features.
- Easy control of all security functions - arm, disarm, and more.
- Z-Wave ready - ability to control compatible lights, thermostat, locks, and more.
- Inside temperature display (requires FrontPoint’s Ultimate Monitoring plan).
- 3.5-inch color LCD screen
- Compatible with GE Simon XT Control Panel (v1.3 and later)
- 3.6” high x 5.5” long x 1.1” wide
- Uses 4 1.5V, Alkaline AAA batteries (batteries are for backup only)
- Alarm.com and emPower compatible.
- Inside temperature display available only with FrontPoint’s Ultimate Monitoring plan.
- Outside temperature and weather is not an included feature.
Leverage Your Home Automation
The touch screen allows you to control your Z-Wave thermostat from other places in the house – like your bedroom. You can also control lights in other parts of the house, in addition to controlling your alarm system. In other words, home security and home automation just got even easier.
What is Z-Wave?
Z-Wave is a proprietary wireless communications protocol designed for home automation, specifically to remote control applications in residential and light commercial environments. The technology uses a low-power RF radio embedded or retrofitted into home electronics devices and systems, such as lighting, home access control, entertainment systems and household appliances.
Partnering with Alarm.com, FrontPoint now offers Z-Wave technology for the remote control of lights, thermostats, and even locks. It’s only natural that FrontPoint, as the #1 ranked alarm company in the US for wireless, interactive home security, would be on top of this new technology. When it comes to systems that are safer, smarter, simpler, more affordable, and virtually impossible to defeat, FrontPoint is the clear choice. With the wireless touch screen, there’s no reason to be left out in the cold, or even in the dark – control is only a touch away.