January 11, 2014
FrontPoint Picks: The Consumer Electronics Show
Gadgets and gizmos, and more gadgets and gizmos, oh my! If you didn't already know, the International Consumer Electronics Show (CES), was held this week in Las Vegas. While we weren’t able to attend, you better bet we were watching the highlights.
This past year, there were a lot of great new technology introductions. The buzz from CES has us excited for what’s to come in 2014 and beyond!
There’s just too much going on at the CES to cover all of the information here, but we pulled a few of our favorite highlights from the event to share with you.
- Smart TVs in the Spotlight
- Devices to Keep Computer, Home Secure As a home security company, we’re always on the lookout for improvements in security technology and CES 2014 was happy to oblige. The one device that really caught our eye was the Myris, a small gadget that uses a scan of your eye to secure your computer.
- The Latest Fitness Gadget: Heart Rate Headphones Fitness gadgets have seen improved technology and increased use over the past few years, measuring heart rates, blood pressure, and more. The newest technology introduced at this year’s CES are earphones that can track heart rate and oxygen levels.
- The Samsung Smart Home One of the biggest, and coolest, announcements at the show was that Samsung was entering the home automation industry. The Samsung Smart Home Service will allow smart TVs, home appliances and smart devices to be connected and controlled from a single platform.
- Best Tech of CES 2014 There are an overwhelming amount of new products and technologies at CES 2014. However, thanks to Mashable and other sites, you don’t have to melt your mind trying to find the best offerings.
For all the highlights and a comprehensive breakdown of CES 2014, check out CNET’s coverage of the event.