FrontPoint is a fun place to work. You’ve heard a couple
of employees share
the same sentiment, and you’ve heard the founders say
that building an exciting place to work was one of their goals.
And it’s all true – I can personally say that I have a blast working at FrontPoint. But there’s a whole other side to the story that you’re not getting, which you’ll need to know about if you have any plans on working – and surviving – here.
Today I’m sharing the inside scoop, so you’ll be prepared. I’ve been here for two years now and I’ve practically seen it all. So suit up, it’s time to learn how to survive while working at FrontPoint.
SURVIVAL OF THE FITTEST
1) Expect the unexpected. Take everything you know about the boring corporate life and throw it out the window. If you’re just starting here at FrontPoint, you better be ready to face total chaos.
You’re going to see employees wearing T-shirts, shorts and flip-flops. Some will even wear headphones. And there’s way too many areas where employees can take a break and relax – it’s utter madness!
2) Bring the proper gear, you’ll never know when you’ll need it. This is the only warning you’ll get. Next thing you know, someone brings in breakfast burritos and you’ll eat so much you won’t be able to fit in your pants. Or a basketball game will break out and you’ll be forced to watch from the sidelines because you didn’t bring the right gear.
3) Hone your sixth sense. You better sharpen your office awareness immediately so you know when to take cover – you don’t want to be caught in the middle of a NERF war. When the orange Styrofoam darts begin to fly, it’s best to seek safety until the worst is over. Hiding underneath your desk can be surprisingly relaxing.
4) Come mentally prepared. Begin by studying video game strategy. Seriously – do you want to be known as the easy target in Super Smash Brothers? Or how about as the worst FIFA player at FrontPoint? Didn’t think so. Grab a controller and get to practicing so you can dominate any video game session in the break rooms.
And know your ski resorts. Shhhh… this is an insider secret. The founders love their ski resorts, so much so that all the meeting rooms are named after them. It’s an easy way into their hearts.
5) Adjust your perception of time. For some reason, time seems to speed up while at FrontPoint. Maybe it’s because there’s always some kind of event going on – like On the Front Lines, Unplugged, etc. – but the day just seems to fly by. Come prepared so you won’t be shocked when you realize that the sun is on its way down.
Follow these tips and just maybe, just maybe, you’ll survive while working at FrontPoint. I wish you the best.